Message ID: V06OPEZ4NM69
Date: 2016/01/17 19:10
To: VE2AEY; AC2O; NP4ZB; DL2BAA; WB6TT; K7TRP; KC0TA; KK6FSW; WA7EWV; VK3MIT; F4EUT; OE8SBK; N1NAZ; KG4YOE; PC3A
Subject: Secure Login with Password REMINDER
On April 15, 2016, the Winlink system will begin requiring the use of passwords and secure login for all users. IT WILL BE MANDATORY USER REQUIREMENT. This is being done to enhance the privacy and protection of the Winlink community. If you’ve already entered both a password and also turned on Secure Login, you don’t have to make any other changes.The transition taking place on April 15, 2016, won’t change your operation. If you have not set a password for your account, and also have not enabled Secure Login, we recommend you do it now so you won’t be surprised on April 15, 2016.
For RMS Express, setting a password and Secure login are very easy to do:
1. Connect your computer to the Internet.
2. Run RMS Express.
3. Click the menu item “Files” then “RMS Express Setup”
4. Enter your password in the field next to your callsign, and check the “Require password on connections (Enable Secure Login)” check box.
5. Enter a password recovery e-mail in the appropriate field. This must be a non-Winlink address.
6. Click “Update”.
7. RMS Express will set your password on the Winlink system and enable secure login.
NOTE: If you?re using a different Winlink e-mail client program such as Paclink or Airmail, you must follow these steps:
1. Go to www.winlink.org, and select the My Account tab.
2. If you haven?t previously selected a password, select one now.Otherwise log in.
3. Navigate to the screen that lists your account information, and click “Edit”.
4. Scroll down and enter your password-recovery e-mail.
5. Check the box to enable Secure Login.
6. Click ?Save? at the bottom of the screen.
7. Next, find the place in your Winlink client program where you can enter your password, and set it for the client. Note: there may be non-Winlink deleloped client programs that cannot accept passwords with secure login.
FOR USERS OF AIRMAIL:
1. In the Airmail Menu: TOOLS > OPTIONS > SETTINGS:
2. Enter a “Radio Password” and then SAVE the configuration.
3. Go to the Winlink Website, www.winlink.org, and complete your account setup, then look on the left side menu in your account for the Secure Login menu.
Your Winlink Development Team
73 de K4CJX